[cvsnt] History Logging

muhammad kamran mkamran233 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 13:59:02 BST 2006

Hi,

  I want to change CVSNT time to the local time permanently and i can do it only with History. So i want to enable History Loging. I have tried other option for time changing like from "Update" and "Log" commands but it is limited to the output of these commands.

  If you know any other option for changing time please help me to do that.

  Regards,
  Muhammad Kamran

Gerhard Fiedler <lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:
  muhammad kamran wrote:

> I have used all the guidlines from CVSNT mail Archives and from threads.
> But I have same error.
>
> "History Logging is not enabled on this repository"
>
> I have also configured SQL database for the for historylog the
> connection is successfull and tables are also created successfully.
>
> Is there any problem in the database that prevent the history logging or
> it is due to any other fault.

I don't know about why history logging doesn't work, but the database
tables are /not/ connected to what is called "history logging" in cvs. This
is a different mechanism, that is superseded by the database logging in
cvsnt.

AFAIK, if you have the database logging, the history logging will not add
any functionality; it is inferior to the database.

Gerhard