[cvsnt] History Logging

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Aug 17 13:01:52 BST 2006

muhammad kamran wrote:

> I have used all the guidlines from CVSNT mail Archives and from threads.
> But I have same error.
>
> "History Logging is not enabled on this repository"
>
> I have also configured SQL database for the for historylog the
> connection is successfull and tables are also created successfully.
>
> Is there any problem in the database that prevent the history logging or
> it is due to any other fault.

I don't know about why history logging doesn't work, but the database
tables are /not/ connected to what is called "history logging" in cvs. This
is a different mechanism, that is superseded by the database logging in
cvsnt.

AFAIK, if you have the database logging, the history logging will not add
any functionality; it is inferior to the database.

Gerhard