[cvsnt] CVSNT seems to rely on deprected "case" requests

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Aug 17 21:58:01 BST 2006

Sebastian Schuberth wrote:
> This is from TortoiseCVS 1.8.27 RC5, which uses CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio)
> Build 2260 as a back-end. The server we're using is GNU / Savannah CVS
> 1.12.11. After some research I found out support for the "Case" request
> was removed from the GNU server in version 1.11.12:

We only send "Case" if the server advertises that it supports it, so the
cvshome server is advertising support for that option then breaking when
  it is sent it - this is a server bug, not a cvsnt one.

It's probably just a bug with that version - 1.11.12 is not a stable
release.

FYI the cvsnt server hasn't done anything with that option for quite a
long time.. it's not necessary for correct operation anyway.