[cvsnt] --lf obsolete?

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sat Aug 26 10:51:48 BST 2006

Yongwei Wu wrote:

>> Really --lf still works at the present moment. But the message is
>> really annoying since I am using CVS inside other applications. Even
>> -Q cannot kill it.
>
> Is it possible to revert the --lf option to the old behaviour? It is
> still useful when working with CVS servers.

It would be easy to hide that message is -Q or -q mode is set... Tony,
thoughts/objections?

> CVS servers are still much more common for Open Source projects, like
> those on SourceForge, than CVSNT servers (really I know none). I am
> quite reluctant to use Cygwin CVS, or old versions of CVS(NT), on my
> Windows machine when I want UNIX-style files. It is also confusing to
> have two cvs.exe on one PC.

Sure.

Of course, it would be great if more servers used cvsnt, but I have this
suspicion that cvsnt is viewed mainly as an Windows/NT solution, so most
open source projects seem to, sadly, not use it :-(

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever