[cvsnt] sspi auth issues

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Aug 29 15:53:42 BST 2006

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:

> We have cvsnt 2.5.02.2099 running on redhat ES3.7. Almost all of our
> clients are running windows and we use the sspi protocol with winbind.

For starters, upgrade to a more recent release... get 2.5.04.2428.

> One of our groups uses Cruise Control for automatic building. The userid
> used for this process is local to the linux box and uses sserver for
> connecting. When a build kicks off, the load on the linux box goes up to
> around 1.6 and other users' sspi authentication requests fail.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas about the cause or a possible workaround? A
> single user shouldn't be able to lock everyone else out like that...

Never assume a single user can't cause so much trouble ;-)

Try tweaking your nice setting for your CruiseControl proceess(es); IIRC
CruiseControl really hogs your processor and puts a lot of load on the cvs
server when it grabs/updates files.

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever