[cvsnt] sspi auth issues

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Tue Aug 29 16:28:37 BST 2006

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 08/29/2006 10:53:42 AM:

> For starters, upgrade to a more recent release... get 2.5.04.2428.

I'd love to, and we will upgrade in the next few months, but I'm stuck for
a while. Hopefully, this will benefit the load issue.

> Try tweaking your nice setting for your CruiseControl proceess(es); IIRC
> CruiseControl really hogs your processor and puts a lot of load on the
cvs
> server when it grabs/updates files.

The Cruise Control server is a separate server than the cvsnt server. It
may be that the Cruise Control script is badly written and performs more
cvs operations than truly necessary, but using top on the linux box shows
that there is never more than two cvs processes running under the cruise
control user at the same time, and it is usually limited to just one
process.

How many concurrent users does cvsnt support? Surely it's more than a half
dozen or so.

Brian