[cvsnt] sspi auth issues

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Aug 30 16:16:42 BST 2006

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:

> What protocol were you using? In my case, sserver and pserver keep
> chugging right along, but sspi has auth failures. I keep thinking maybe
> it's a timing issue, since the linux server has to check with Active
> Directory to ensure the credentials are correct and I know Kerberos is
> time sensitive, but I can't put my finger on it....

Active directory has limits on the number of authentications it can do
simultaneously... the first limit is the license limit (10 for the MSDN
copies IIRC) and beyond that there's a system limit.  I *think* it's
configurable but that's beyond my knowledge of Windows.  I suspect
there's a hardcoded difference between Server and Advanced Server too.