[cvsnt] sspi auth issues

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Wed Aug 30 17:03:02 BST 2006

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 08/30/2006 11:16:42 AM:

> Active directory has limits on the number of authentications it can do
> simultaneously... the first limit is the license limit (10 for the MSDN
> copies IIRC) and beyond that there's a system limit.  I *think* it's
> configurable but that's beyond my knowledge of Windows.  I suspect
> there's a hardcoded difference between Server and Advanced Server too.
>
> Tony

I think our active directory setup is ok, since it's servicing a few
thousand computers. Our issue is that when an automated build system
connects via sserver (maybe 2 connections at a time) any subsequent sspi
requests fail with an auth rejection. The load on the server goes high,
but it is definitely still very useable (as evidenced by any further
sserver connections that work fine).

is this a winbind limitation maybe? the logs aren't telling us much of
anything and we're not even sure where to look at this point....

Thanks...

Brian