[cvsnt] --lf obsolete?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Aug 31 15:36:41 BST 2006

Yongwei Wu wrote:
> I tested `k+L' and confirmed it did *not* do what I want. I want
> something like `--lf': the checked-out files are like in a UNIX
> sandbox, both on check-out and on check-in (when there is keyword
> expansion). I want the files to remain in UNIX line endings.
> Unfortunately this is not what `k+L' does.

That is exactly what -kL does.  It creates files with unix line endings
on all platforms (and -kD for DOS, -kM for Mac).

--lf was never documented, was never intended to be used and could
easily corrupt repositories.  The only reason it's still there is WinCVS
still likes to have it around.  Once that dependency is gone the option
will disappear completely.