[cvsnt] Setting ACL: users aren't inheriting groups permissions

Cryer, Phil C. (STL) - cont PCCryer at express-scripts.com
Wed Dec 6 16:10:51 GMT 2006

Cryer, Phil C. (STL) - cont wrote:
>>  Now that I have the ability and configuration to setup permissions
>> based on groups, I've added users to the group file, and to the
passwd
>> file, but they don't seem to inherit the permissions the group should

>> be giving them.  Here's my setup, and checkout, checkin:
>
>Hi Phil,
>
>I'm not sure if you've done this yet or not, but you probably want to
set the config >file in your CVSROOT directory's ACLMODE to "Normal".
>This will default deny all users.  The default "Compatible" mode is
default allow >everything.

This was it, it works perfectly now!  Thanks Glen.

******* Confidentiality Notice *******
This email, its electronic document attachments, and the contents of its website linkages may contain confidential health information.  This information is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the prompt destruction of the material and any accompanying attachments.