[cvsnt] Using domain names for login

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Dec 19 06:55:18 GMT 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:19:10 -0700, Khalid Ali
<Khalid.Ali at calypsocanada.com> wrote:

>I can login and do daily required tasks using WinCVS client from remote
>machines, however, what I want is to do some setup that will allow me and
>other users to use their domain login for windows nt machines. And when they
>change their password on the box, they still are able to login to cvs etc
>etc.

THis is exactly how it will work if you use the SSPI protocol in your
CVSROOT connection string. You did not state how you connect to the
CVSNT server so we do not know what particulars you use...

A generic format of the connection string would look like so:
  :sspi:cvsserver:/repository

With this you *don't* use any cvs login command because sspi will
reuse the workstation login from which the call is being done. And if
that is a domain attached PC then you will use the domain credentials.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)