[cvsnt] cvs problem

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 20 17:16:50 GMT 2006

Chris Allen wrote:
> Did you see my subsequent post on 2006-09-18 (subject: "Re: Can't import
> binary files with std cvs backend"):
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.cvs.windows-nt.user/3166
>

> I never saw a response to that post and I haven't had a chance yet to
> see if anything has changed in the latest 2.5.04 build.

Looks like (in that referenced post) you were telling CVS server to
override -ko for all the files you were importing...  So it was doing
what you asked it to do.

"\Program Files\CVSNT\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -ttt -d
":pserver:chrisa <at> localhost:/export/cvsroot" import -I! -ko -m "RM:
Test
import" scratch/import_bin SCRATCH_VENDBRN SCRATCH_20060918
<<<

Better off to fix your cvswrappers file on the server and not use any
overriding from the client to keep things consistent from everyone.
Another way is with the -w SPEC param.  It will allow you to be additive
to the wrappers, which I think is what you intended (but * will still
get all files, so -w "* -ko" will cause 'o' to be added to all...).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett