[cvsnt] linux cvs client (cvsnt vs. gnu cvs)

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 18:54:05 GMT 2006

I have a hand full of users who have been using gnu cvs (both client on
linux, and server).  We are starting to convert their repositories/modules
from gnu cvs to cvsnt (2.5.03).  These users will need to access and develop
against both gnu cvs and cvsnt repository at the same time, until all
modules are converted.  This may be a while.  All of these users are using
Linus as their client.

The gnu cvs client will work against the cvsnt server with certain
limitiations, how well will the cvsnt client work against a gnu cvs server?

I have only installed the full cvs (client and server) on Linux, can the
client be installed without the server?
if so, can the cvsnt client be installed without removing the gnu cvs
client?

Basically, all my questions are getting at this; Is it possible to use both
cvs clients (gnu and cvsnt) on the same box, and if not, which is the better
to use when both servers (gnu and cvsnt) will be accesses.  (again, all
clients are on Linux)

Thanks,
Mark