[cvsnt] Underscores in filesnames

Cryer, Phil C. (STL) - cont PCCryer at express-scripts.com
Wed Dec 20 19:40:04 GMT 2006

I have devs having trouble running rlog against files with _ underscores
in them, but this is how it was working in the CVS days.  So an rlog on
the file will bomb at the line that lists the filename (with the
underscore) in it:

cvs at esi1p83d:/usr/local/cvsroot/Shared/edi/eligibility/custom_map_1/src/
system>rlog Custom_Map_1.msd,v
rlog: Custom_Map_1.msd,v: warning: Unknown phrases like `deltatype ...;'
are present.
rlog: Custom_Map_1.msd,v:47: unknown character `_'
rlog aborted

But if I rename that file, and the coresponding line in the file that
lists the name, to not have underscores, it works:

cvs at esi1p83d:/usr/local/cvsroot/Shared/edi/eligibility/custom_map_1/src/
system>rlog CustomMap1.msd,v
rlog: CustomMap1.msd,v: warning: Unknown phrases like `deltatype ...;'
are present.

RCS file: CustomMap1.msd,v
Working file: CustomMap1.msd
head: 1.38
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
        Prod032: 1.38
        Prod031: 1.37
        Prod030: 1.36
        Prod029: 1.35
        Prod028: 1.34
        Prod027: 1.33
        Prod026: 1.32
        Prod025: 1.32
        Prod024: 1.31
        Prod023: 1.29
        Prod022: 1.27
        Prod021: 1.24

[...]

Any idea what I have set wrong?  I have the same cvswrappers file I used
prior.

Thanks

Phil Cryer
Application Engineer
Express-Scripts
******* Confidentiality Notice *******
This email, its electronic document attachments, and the contents of its website linkages may contain confidential health information.  This information is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the prompt destruction of the material and any accompanying attachments.