[cvsnt] CVSNT with SSH Client from Attachmate (RSIT)?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Dec 21 01:29:43 GMT 2006

Bob,

> CVSNT Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build
> 2382 (client/server)
> Unix server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.12.12 (client/server)

Upgrade your Unix server to CVSNT 2.5.03.2382.  If your organisation is
moving away from Putty then it is quite likely they want real server
auditing which CVSNT provides (yes CVSNT runs on Unix).

CVSNT client includes an SSH client so all you really need is:
cvs -d :ssh:hostname:/repo ver

> I can manually type this command at the WinXP command prompt and it WORKS:

Then it looks like a bug in your SSH client - contact the vendor and ask
them what is happening - surely that is why you are opting for a paid
solution to an open source one...

If I had to guess I'd say it is probably relying on something in the
environment that doesn't work when it is called as a subprocess.

There is an alternative way of using ext, with extnt.ini - search the manual
or newsgroup for tips, it will probably give the same result though.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett