[cvsnt] How to add user for accessing remote cvs server ?

Quy Nguyen ntquy99 at yahoo.com.vn
Thu Dec 28 14:00:37 GMT 2006

In domain "ABC" of a company I add user as following:
cvs passwd -a -D ABC username1(username1 is an account in domain ABC)
After that, we can use account username1 with domain password to access cvs server.

1. If user who has username1 account would like change his password, he'll meet error. So we can't change password of username1. Is is right ?

2. If an user who is outside of ABC domain, how can he access cvs server? I add that user as following:
 cvs passwd -a username2
[enter username2's password] : 123456
after that, I try to log in with username2 but I meet error:
Switch to user failed due to configuration error
How can I add this user ?

3.  If an user who is inside of ABC domain, how can I add this user with a certain password(without using domain password) and he can change his password?