[cvsnt] Re: Local Security Authority cannot be contacted

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Sun Feb 5 04:58:46 GMT 2006

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:
> Does anybody have any further insight with this error message? What else
> should I look for?

LSA is the MS app that handles the authentication, I believe for NTLM
level security, but it might apply to more advanced levels as well.  Try
looking to see if the LSA service is running on the users machine when
there is and is not having a problem to see if there's a correlation.
If there is, then try to figure out which app is crashing it.

Check on MS support website for more info on the LSA process.

(I'm assuming that as long as it's running, it'll respond properly, but
that might not be the case).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett