[cvsnt] Re: Local Security Authority cannot be contacted

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Feb 5 22:47:01 GMT 2006

Glen Starrett wrote:
> LSA is the MS app that handles the authentication, I believe for NTLM
> level security, but it might apply to more advanced levels as well.  Try
> looking to see if the LSA service is running on the users machine when
> there is and is not having a problem to see if there's a correlation. If
> there is, then try to figure out which app is crashing it.

If LSA stops, then the system shuts down (rather dramatically.. it gives
you a countdown).  Try killing lsass.exe sometime :)

The error usually has something to do with the network in my experience,
although the only time I've ever had it myself I fixed it with an OS
reinstall (life's too short when you can't track it down).