[cvsnt] How do you create a windows file starting with a fullstop - As in .cvswrappers?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Feb 13 11:48:28 GMT 2006

Heiko Klotz wrote:

>> Silly question really but nonetheless an irritating problem.
>>
>> I am using TotoiseCVS as the CVS client.

> in TextPad you have a function called "rename" (in the file-menue). By
> the help of this you can change a filename to a name beginning with a
> fullstop.

If you don't want to install TextPad for this, you can drop into the
command line and either create the file there (redirection) or rename an
existing file. After it is created/renamed, you can use the normal Windows
GUI tools to handle it. (For example, you can associate the extension
".cvsignore" with you favorite editor.)

Gerhard