[cvsnt] Cvs remove does not work in builds 2221 and above...

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Feb 13 12:00:24 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> A couple of other reasons:
>
> 1. CVSNT is OpernSource. InnoSetup is OpenSource. But the MSI installer
> is not.

Wix is opensource.  MSI is just the engine and is part of the OS - or
would you have eveyone run Linux so they don't use any closed source parts?

> 2. CVSNT once upon a time used InstallShield to build the setups, then
> it transferred to InnoSetup in order to make the system fully OpenSource
> and to make it simple to actually version the setup source scripts.
> This was done after some discussion and resulted in a fast and good
> installer engine being used.

No that was not the reason at all.  It was to allow other people to
build the installer for their own use, without paying for installshield.
  Open or closed source never had anything to do with it... the cost did.

You forget that we had extensive discussion *and* a survey and the was a
narrow majority in favour of MSI.  You have always been free to keep
developing the innosetup version or to create an entirely new installer.