[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 16 20:32:20 GMT 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:04:24 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>>
>> 3) The files seem to come over fine, so I edited the file with the
>> strange name and tried to commit with a commit message using Swedish
>> characters too. The result is copied from WinCvs:
>
>What client are you using for this?  Does wincvs still use the 2 year
>old one?

I have the sandbox on my own XP workstation and I have a CVSNT server
also on this machine. It is the one I check new stuff on normally so
it has the bleeding edge CVSNT (currently 2244). So that is the cvs
client being used. From WinCvs command window:

cvs ver
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2244
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2244
(client/server)

>Multilingual stuff wasn't really validated as working until build 2151,
>and wasn't even written until 2.0.60 or thereabouts (might have to
>specify -o on some of the really old builds).
>
>On older clients non-ascii filenames will only work if you force your
>server to exactly the same codepage as the client... I haven't worked
>out yet how those will work with 2.6.x (it's really the same problem as
>the existing problem with Windows client -> Unix server that all clients
>have.. might need a proxy app or something to sort out the mess).
>
>Tony

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)