[cvsnt] Professional Support

Thomas Keller me at thomaskeller.biz
Mon Feb 27 13:32:03 GMT 2006

Hi!

I'm including a review of CVS/CVSNT in my bachelor thesis entitled "Open
Source Version Control" and wanted to add information about professional
support of MarchHare. While looking at the supplied PDFs on the main
page (http://march-hare.com/pdf/cvsntpricelist.pdf) I've encountered
that "platform binaries" are included in the "multisite plus" package,
but are only optional (price?) in smaller packages. Does "platform
binaries" apply to only the server product or also the client (CVS
Suite), meaning if I have a development server which is accessed by 20
people running MacOS X, Linux and Windows, do I need to opt-in for that?
Can I use the OpenSource (free) CVSNT client programs to communicate
with a CVSNT Pro server, or do I have restrictions (e.g. certain
features do not work) here?

Also, since I'm coming from Germany I've looked through the German pages
of MarchHare and found some non-existing links which are placed on the
main page (http://march-hare.com/cvspro/de.asp):

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/comparede.htm
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/svnde.htm
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/securityde.htm

The CVS Suite brochure in German also should be overlooked at some
point, there are some spelling errors in it (the most apparent error is
"Sicherheit und Unterstützung im Zait- und Budgetrahmen", which should
be "Sicherheit und Unterstützung im Zeit- und Budgetrahmen"). Generally
the brochure seems to be translated to close to the original english
version because it often includes a weird word order for a german citizen.

Thanks for your time,
Thomas Keller.