[cvsnt] Professional Support

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Feb 27 14:38:16 GMT 2006

Thomas,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Questions about pro support should be directed to sales at march-hare.com (in which case you'll probably end up talking to me).

Udo is currently itching to re-translate the German site, but has been delayed while we upgrade it for the commercial release of 2.5.03.  I've cc'd him on this e-mail in case he wasn't already aware these needed fixing.

As for the links - they were working, but they are now broken for both Spanish and German.

The "platform binaries" (as with all features) are explained in the appendix on the price list.  The "platform binaries" option is for large(er) commercial customers who have a particular (obscure) platform that they require builds for that we would normally not supply (eg: Tru64 unix, irix etc).  All "standard" platforms are included in the "standard" packages.  This page is probably what you are looking for:
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/techspecs/

There is no reason why you cannot use a pure GPL client with our commercial servers - however if you have enabled the commercial integrations on the server then you will need a license for the number of users using that integration.

More fundamentally our support is tailored to the number of users - ie: the "type of problems" that a 200 user installation has is covered by our 200 user support, and the "type of problems" that a 10 user  installation has is covered by our 10 user support.  If a commercial software development company has 200 developers they are more than happy to pay US$30 per user per month for high quality support for something that is central to the development of their business.

In fact I'm fairly sure that without support they'll spend far more than that.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett