[cvsnt] Future of CVSNT?

Bryce Schober bryce.schober at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 15:37:59 GMT 2006

On 12/29/05, Arthur Barrett <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

> Can you help get word out on CVSNT and CVS Suite in 2006?  Or: is there
> something more that us at March Hare could be doing?

I suggest that your "comparison" to SVN be more even-handed or, dare I
say, more truthful. The one thing that sticks out to me (because it's
what I want most) is your "true rename support". I cannot speak so
much to the other points, as I haven't looked into them as deeply.
Your lead developer cannot recommend its usage on production
repositories, and it has a much narrower scope than the competing
product (no directory or file-moving-between-directories renames). Bad
marketing of a for-profit open source product is going to compare
unfavorably with other open source products. I'm not saying that the
fact that you're making money and supporting a great open-source
product is a problem. I'm saying that open-source advocates (whom you
are trying to reach by that comparison) are going to be really turned
off by that kind of bad marketing.

--
Bryce Schober