[cvsnt] Re: Viewcvs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jan 5 14:55:55 GMT 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:25:08 -0600, "Dan Pupek" <dpupek at astpcola.com>
wrote:

>Thanks, and I know the question was a bit thin but I typed it in
>as I was heading out. My CVSNT version is 2.5.03.2151 and I just
>upgraded yesterday.
>My viewcvs version is the one you provide on your site (rev o).
>Up until the upgrade of CVSNT everything worked fine (with viewcvs).
>In fact it has been so long I had forgotten about the diagnostic
>options.
>
>Let me try to debug it some and apply the CvsGraph fix.

(Please do not reply to my private email...)

If you have used my ViewCvs installer version and CVSNTversion 2.0.xx
then the best procedure after upgrading CVSNT is to:
1) ControlPanel/AddRemove: Uninstall the ViewCvs installation
2) Download the latest ViewCvs installer (I posted a new one today)
3) Run the installer

For all but very strange configurations you should be fine with a
working ViewCvs system at this point.
If you have done some special tricks to your configuration you could
save the X.conf files before uninstalling and then after reinstall you
can compare the new conf files with the old saved ones and modify as
needed.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)