[cvsnt] Re: Viewcvs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jan 5 19:33:59 GMT 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:40:20 -0600, "Dan Pupek" <dpupek at astpcola.com>
wrote:

>The new version install did the trick. The diagnostic settings never
>actually exposed any additional information so I am not sure why it stopped
>working.

THe reason in this case is that between your two versions of CVSNT
there were changes to the way CVSNT writes the RCS files and the
original way for ViewCvs to read the RCS files had to be replaced by
using a special function in cvsnt instead. So it needed a number of
file replacements inside the ViewCvs tree and also a viewcvs.conf
change. But that is all handled by the installer so noone really need
to worry a whole lot.
The same (or similar) problem also surfaced for CVSGraph anout 7
months ago and was solved by the CVSGraph developer in version 1.5.2
(now included in the installer).

>Thanks for the help!
You're welcome!

/Bo