[cvsnt] Re: Installation on Linux and Unix

Jan Giesen jan.giesen at web.de
Thu Jan 5 21:16:04 GMT 2006

"Jorge Krug" <mercutiu at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.478.1136455754.17086.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> I have been following these instructions:
>
> http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux
>
> But I don't get to connect the server. I received this message:
:
:
> CVSROOT=:pserver:root at 000.000.000.000:/usr/local/CVSREPO/clientes

Please do not use and allow "root" as username to execute CVS commands in :pserver:
mode on the server. It would be a security hole; but probably it's blocked anyway by
the cvs server.

> cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: cvsnt server: connect to
> 127.0.0.1(localhost):2402 failed: Connection refused
>
> Error, CVS operation failed

Check if the lockserver "cvslockd" is running on your server, as described on the
wiki page
mentioned above by you.