[cvsnt] Re: Installation on Linux and Unix

Jorge Krug mercutiu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:18:15 GMT 2006

As my repository cvs is installed right here in my machine, using CVSNT,
through the discussion list cvsnt at cvsnt.org was knowing that it would be
better, to maintain the compatibility and the repository to migrate for my
remote servant, that it is in the USA, it would be advisable to install
CVSNT in him.

It was what I did.

All followed the steps in:

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux

And everything worked, testanto in the servert:

TEST

To confirm CVSNT i installed, use cvs - version and look goes "Concurrent
Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.24 (client/server) " (emphasis added).

To confirm Lockserver i running and responding, telnet localhost 2402 and
look goes "CVSLock 1.2 Ready."

But when I turned that test remotely:

CVSROOT=:pserver:user at 000.000.000.000:2401/usr/local/CVSREPO/clientes

cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: cvsnt server: connect to 000.000.000.000(
server.com):2402 failed: Connection refused

I spoke to the admistrador, thinking it was the firewall, and he said that I
had to alter the config so that the connection was accepted out.

Then I altered the file / etc/hosts

000.000.000.000           server.com server
127.0.0.1                 localhost

Can anybody help me?  Is a iptable problem? I don't know where I can't tell
to CVSNT that localhost is at ip 000.000.000.000, not 127.0.0.1.

I already sought in the google and I didn't find anything, to not to be the
article mentioned at the beginning of the text.

Jk