[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt watch stuck...

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Tue Jan 17 22:31:52 GMT 2006

(Sorry if a dup, first e-mail was to large.)

Thanks Gerhard for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but it didn't help. I
think I discovered the problem. I believe Microsoft pushed down an update
sometime this year that caused the user names that get handed off to the CVS
server to change case. I have a script that only allows certain users to
delete tags. The script checks a list of user names and was working at one
point. Without any changes to CVS, the script stopped working. It used to
work for the user "clehman". I just had to change it to "CLehman" to make it
work. I believe the users names are now being handed off from windows to the
CVS with the first two letters capitalized. It looks like the watch command
is case sensitive. I don't think I can modify windows to hand off with all
lower case.

Here is my question. Does anyone know were to look in CVS to remove watches.
Specifically what file/field do I need to modify on a ,v file or
configuration file to remove a watcher or turn of watches? (Bo and Tony, I'm
hope you might be able to tell me what I need to modify under the hood to
fix this problem.)

Thanks,
Curtis Lehman