[cvsnt] Re: How to compile cvsnt - again unable to....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jan 21 09:18:05 GMT 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:48:25 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:56:29 +0000, Tony Hoyle
><tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:
>
>>Bo Berglund wrote:
>>
>>> f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\pcre\pcre_info.c(82): error C2065:
>>> 'PCRE_FIRSTLINE' : undeclared identifier
>>
>>There's something wrong with the sources you have,

Now I retrieved both the cvsnt and cvsdeps modules from cvs into
pristine disk space (new sandboxes).
I also afterwards updated the cvsnt module to the CVSNT_2_0_x branch.

Then I pointed the VC++ directories (Include and Library) to the files
in cvsdeps (much simpler than searching the web and finding these
files here and there).

Then I also moved the Platfrom SDK entry in the directories listing up
to the first line (I did not remove the $(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK
lines so they are still there but below).

Then I rebuilt the solution again and was rewarded with 172 errors...
But this time I see a pattern!

Most of the errors are connected with a missing file:

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvstools\TriggerLibrary.h(21): fatal
error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'plugin_interface.h': No such
file or directory

This missing plugin_interface.h file now causes about 95% of the
errors.

The remaining ones are:

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsapi\mdns_apple.h(24): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dns_sd.h': No such file or directory

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsagent\win32\stdafx.h(42): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'u3dapi10.h': No such file or
directory

cvsservice fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\WinDebug\cvsapi.lib'

cvscontrol fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\WinDebug\cvsapi.lib'

So in summary now Visual Studio cannot find:
plugin_interface.h
dns_sd.h
u3dapi10.h

And the WinDebug\cvsapi.lib file is probably listed as a consequence
of one of the above errors because it is in the output dir and should
be built itself.

So it is now a case of finding these files. A search down the
sandboxes reveal nothing so I guess that they are hidden somewhere,
maybe on a different branch?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)