[cvsnt] Re: How to compile cvsnt - again unable to....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jan 21 14:05:18 GMT 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:34:56 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>>
>> I don't know how to "disable" howl, it seems that VC++ wants to use it
>> for some reason. How do you "disable" sourcecode in VS 2003???
>
>You can just change it in the config.h in cvsapi, then tell that project
>(mdns_howl) not to build.

OK, but now that I found cvsdeps/howl I should not need to change that
I guess...

>I'm using September, buy december should work - you did run the visual
>studio registration tool after install I presume?

Probably not, what is this tool?? Where do I find it?

>My standard include paths are (this is more than cvsnt needs but I can't
>remember offhand which are just for other stuff):
>
>d:\cvsdeps\bonjour\include
>d:\cvsdeps\howl\include
>d:\cvsdeps\iconv\include
>d:\cvsdeps\infozip
>d:\cvsdeps\infozip\c-headers
>d:\cvsdeps\openssl\include
>d:\cvsdeps\postgres\include
>d:\cvsdeps\sqlite\include
>d:\cvsdeps\u3 sdk\dapi
>
>and for libs,
>
>d:\cvsdeps\bonjour\lib
>d:\cvsdeps\howl\lib
>d:\cvsdeps\iconv\lib
>d:\cvsdeps\infozip
>d:\cvsdeps\openssl\lib
>d:\cvsdeps\postgres\lib
>d:\cvsdeps\sqllite\lib
>d:\cvsdeps\u3 sdk\dapi

I added the ones I did not have too:
cvsdeps\bonjour
cvsdeps\infozip
cvsdeps\infozip\c-headers
cvsdeps\u3 sdk\dapi

It improved somewhat, 169 errors versus 172 before. Now all except one
are caused by the missing file plugin_interface.h  :-(

Here are the two types of errors I still have:
genbuild fatal error LNK1241: resource file genbuild.res already
specified (one only)

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvstools\TriggerLibrary.h(21): fatal
error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'plugin_interface.h': No such
file or directory (168 errors)

>It's a pain to setup, but once it's working is quite nice.
>
>OTOH I'm not convinced vs2005 is an improvement yet (some of its
>'enhanced' features eg. profiling don't yet work, and it has an annoying
>tendency to fall over when you least expect it.  Oh, and MS have
>unilaterally deprecated most of the standard C library and half the STL..).

I won't install VS 2005 until some OpenSource project I follow needs
it...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)