[cvsnt] Re: How to compile cvsnt - again unable to....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jan 21 16:32:27 GMT 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:05:18 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:34:56 +0000, Tony Hoyle
><tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:
>

>It improved somewhat, 169 errors versus 172 before. Now all except one
>are caused by the missing file plugin_interface.h  :-(

Now I got much further after updating my cvsnt sources yet again from
cvs. The plugin_interface.h reference has been removed and probably
other depenfing things as well. Now most of the solution builds but it
still exits with an error:

cvsnt error result returned from
'f:\engineering\projects\cvsnt\windebug\tmp\bat00009e.bat'.

Such a file does not exist of course...

But looking in the cvsnt\windebug\tmp\BuildLog.htm file reveals this:

Linking...
Deploying
'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
cvsnt : error PRJ0002 : error result returned from
'f:\engineering\projects\cvsnt\windebug\tmp\bat00009e.bat'.

So for some reason the solution build is expecting bash to be
available on my Windows XP-Pro workstation. I think that this is an
error in the sources because bash to me is a unix thing and has no
meaning on Windows, right?

Strangely it wants to build the debug solution even though I have
earlier specified release....

But when I set it for Release build basically the same thing happens,
but with a lot more warnings. At the end:

cvsnt error result returned from
'f:\engineering\projects\cvsnt\winrel\tmp\bat000144.bat'.

and in the Buildlog.htm file:

Linking...
Deploying
'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
cvsnt : error PRJ0002 : error result returned from
'f:\engineering\projects\cvsnt\winrel\tmp\bat000144.bat'.

Where is the refernce to the strange bat000144.bat file coming from???

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)