[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT + Web Application Implementation

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Jan 25 15:28:36 GMT 2006

Sanjay.Uttam at VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> I've installed CVSNT + TortoiseCVS here...We develop 99% web applications.
> THe issue is, our security policy prohibits us from running IIS on our
> local(developer machines)  Thus, I'm not sure exactly how to implement this
> solution.  Our code resides on network shares, and I have read in tons of
> places that you should not create a respository on a network share.

We do this (though not with IIS) through the use of a secondary test web
server on the same box as the CVSNT repository (NOT VIA A NETWORK
SHARE).  Run a postcommit hook as described here:

	http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/PostCommit?highlight=%28postcommit%29

so that the test web server gets updated each time a file is committed
to the repository from the developer machines.  The production web
server is updated manually at discrete intervals (ideally after testing
has been performed).  ;-)

HTH

John