[cvsnt] Re: New to cvs and having trouble importing

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jul 24 15:00:15 BST 2006

Nick Duane wrote:
> I haven't totally answered my own question, but I do have more to add to
> this.  It appears that cvs is ignoring empty directories when importing.
> The docs say that -P is implied when -r switch is supplied.  And I think -r
> is on by default for the import command.  So maybe that's why cvs is

Import has no -P or -r commands.

Import creates directories in local mode but not in client/server.. doesn't
look like it ever did.  The documentation is probably correct for that example
(since all the examples use local mode), but in client/server the directories
are never even sent to the server to process.. there's not even anything in
the protocol that would allow such a thing.