[cvsnt] CVSNT performance question

teknokrat teknokrat at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 13:47:08 BST 2006

I am trying to ascertain whether we have a performance issue with cvsnt
or not. We are using the latest version on a 2GHz Xeon machine with 2Gb
of RAM. Our CVS repository has about 120 projects using collectively
about 0.5Gb. We use the pserver protocol to connect.

Browsing the repository ( in eclipse ) takes several minutes. Is this to
be expected or do we have a problem somewhere? How do people deal with
large repositories - should we split it into several smaller ones?

cheers