[cvsnt] Re: CVSROOT/module2: how to merge multiple dirs into a common virtual root

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander.Kriegisch at web.de
Fri Jun 2 22:45:07 BST 2006

Dear Bo,

your message did not help me right away, but provided me with the
right idea to achieve what I wanted. I configured CVSROOT/modules2 as
follows:

# Java sources from unified source tree
_src -d src/com/foo/bar /ModuleRoot/src/java/com/foo/bar

# Virtual module with Eclipse project in root and Java sources in src
MyModule /ModuleRoot/src/eclipse/MyModule &_src

The result is:

MyModule
   |- src
   |  |- com
   |  |  |- foo
   |  |  |  |- bar
   |  |  |  |- Class_1.java
   |  |  |  |- Class_n.java
   |- Eclipse project file 1
   |- Eclipse project file ...
   |- Eclipse project file n

The hard part for me was to find out how to get the Eclipse project
stuff into my module's root. It is fairly easy - provided you know how
to do it. I did not, until this afternoon. ;-)

Thanks

Alexander Kriegisch