[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel not working

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sat Jun 3 09:53:57 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> There are 4 lines marked with question marks at the top of the list:
> DNSSD.DLL
> HOWL.DLL
> LIBQ.DLL

DNSSD is for Apple Rendezvous/Bonjour/Zeroconf.
HOWL is for HOWL.
LIBQ ... um, you meant LIBPQ didn't you.. which is the PostgreSQL client
library.

The ? means they can't be found.

> Then follows the red marked file MPR.DLL as above.

MPR.DLL is OS's Multiple Provider Router DLL, and it is only on your system
and needed when you have certain netwoking criteria.

Whether any of the above missing dependencies is an error or not really
depends on the application/situation.

The 'problem' you are seeing happens because when Tony or whoever builds
CVSNT it usually pulls in all dependencies that it can find in the build
system... now, when you then run that build on another system that doesn't
have the same environment, you'll see such messages (e.g. lack of the
PostgreSQL DLLs if the PostgreSQL client library hasn't been install). This
isn't a problem as such because those specific DLLs are only called when
you try to use specific functionality which has to be enabled by tweaking
your configuration (e.g. enabling the audit database and setting the
database type).

> I am still confused concerning the difference between cvsnt.cpl and
> simcpl.cpl, why are there two files in the first place? And why do
> they differ in their dependencies?

I don't know... I moved my server from Windows to Linux 18 months ago where
such problems don't exist (although other ones take their place just do I
don't get bored!).

> I guess Webmaster33 might have a go at his system with
> DependencyWalker to see if he has additional missing dependencies.

Good grief!

--
David Somers
PGP Key = 7E613D4E