[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel not working

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sat Jun 3 11:14:43 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Maybe I should try and install cvsnt on my VPC image of FedoraCore4
> just to see how it works? But I am not that versed in Linux so I might
> have problems anyway...

It should work with FC4.

Personally I use gentoo, which can be a pain to work with at times, but
because *everything* is compiled from source (as opposed to grabbing and
installing a binary that somebody else has made) things like dependency
issues are less of an issue.

Getting to grips with Linux isn't too bad, and I find that server
application are a lot easier on it (the Desktop is, however, another
story).

> Well, after all he is the single one having trouble with getting CP
> running, I have no problems on any of the upwards of 10 different
> servers I have cvsnt running on. The reason I am in on this thread is
> that I want to make sure my Innosetup Installer for CVSNT actually
> works properly.

Same here. I've never had any problems with CP.

> If he checks simcpl.cpl and gets more than my single red file then he
> could presumably find what is going into the ditches for him...

It sounds like there is something specific to his system that is the cause
of all those problems... I've no idea what it could be though.

Did he try completely removing cvsnt (except for his repository files),
including manually removing all cvsnt related keys from registry, and doing
an install from scratch?

BTW, the way he's set up his system is a bit eccentric to say the least ;-)
And using :local: too?

Greetings from Luxembourg

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/part-time market gardner