[cvsnt] Re: Create tag on older version

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 13 14:11:46 BST 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:27:10 +0530, "Sabahat Adil"
<sabadil at perfexa.com> wrote:

>I have created four version of a project.For each version i have created a separate tag for them.
>I created tag for fourth version but forgot to create tag for third version.How can i create tag on third
>version and how can i able to retrieve the third version.Please help me.

If you know the time you did finish version 3 and if there is some
time difference between that time and the time of the first commit for
version #4 then you can do as follows:
- Check out your project, this gets you the latest revisions
- cvs update and set the update time to a date in between the two
versions. THis gets you the files for version 3
- Now tag the files in the sandbox with the version 3 tag
- Finally update the files and reset the sticky tag

This will tag all the files you wanted to tag for the version provided
that there is a time (or better date) between the two commits (last on
version 3 and first on version 4)

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)