[cvsnt] Re: information currency economic proposal - ic-cvs functionality in cvsnt for $9500?

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Jun 20 17:29:35 BST 2006

J. Patrick Bedell wrote:
[snip]
>     What I was hoping for was a futures contract for completion of
> information currency functionality in cvsnt.

That's the first time you mentioned a futures contract.

> Everything that I have
> released and will release will be GPL-compatible and free of patent
> restrictions, and I hope to implement this functionality over the near
> term regardless of customer demand.

Fine.

>    This is an opportunity for individuals to bid a price for the total
> information currency series corresponding to the anticipated changes
> to the cvsnt codebase.  Any takers?

It really would help if you could clearly explain your "information
currency" thing... I'm afraid to say that I really can't grok it... and I
suspect a few others can't grok it either. And your request for $9500 was
quite odd.

Whilst your "info ccy" may have its merits, if people can't understand it
and/or have issues with the concept, design and implementation that you are
proposing, then you really need to do something about it (otherwise its
just more noise and less signal on this list).

Greetings from Luxembourg,

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever