[cvsnt] cvsnt bugID

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Jun 22 22:58:15 BST 2006

Joseph,

> I would like to use the bugID attribute and
> check that against our bug tracking tool.

I am fairly sure that ingenix have some level of support from March
Hare, if so you should contact the support desk following the
instructions in the eBook.

What bug tracking tool are you using?  Our own integration with Bugzilla
supplied to customers is written using the 3GL interface, which is by
far the easiest.  The eBook has a smaple class file (and will be updated
in the 2.5.03 release when available).

In a Perl script you need to look in the CVS directory, I think it's
Entries.Extra from memory.  Parse that file to find the name of the file
being committed then check for a bug ID.

Alternatively March Hare can develop the integration for you - since we
already have similar code it probably would not take long, and it would
become a standard part of the suite for other users too.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett