[cvsnt] Merging and Binaries

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jun 26 20:15:44 BST 2006

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> I think part of the question was why cvsnt doesn't mark them as conflict
> files. It seems to me to be a conflict situation (that is, "merge required
> but not possible").

It's not a conflict because the sandbox file has not been modified.  In the
case where the sandbox file *has* been modified you get the 'non mergable file
needs merge' message.

Binary files are handled by updating to the new version and keeping a copy of
the old one.  It's the only sane way of doing it (and what cvs has always done
- it's not new to cvsnt).

The problem here is the -x flag on the binary files making it impossible to
commit.