[cvsnt] CVS Installation and Administration Guide

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jun 29 12:03:24 BST 2006

At Thursday 29/6/2006 02:15, s.saha at tcs.com wrote:

>We were using VSS as our SCM. We are now migrating to CVSNT. Since we
>don't have much experience on CVS we need help. Can you please suggest
>where we can find the installation and administration guide for CVSNT
>server on Windows Server 2003. We will be using the open source (free)
>version of the CVSNT downloaded from march-hare site.

Installation guide: http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html
In the CVSNT wiki http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki you can find a guide to
using CVSNT + TortoiseCVS written for another organization,  look for
"Cafit cvs administration"

>Also since it will be used in a client server mode, we need to install GUI
>based client on the desktop machine (MS Windows XP OS) to access and use
>the CVSNT server. Can you please suggest the best suited GUI client for
>the same. Is it WinCVS or SmartCVS?

I suggest TortoiseCVS for daily usage and the "old-fashioned" command
line interfase for administrative tasks.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL