[cvsnt] Re: Uservariables not expanded in commitinfo file

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Mar 20 09:32:35 GMT 2006

Scott Lehman wrote:
> Tony,
>
> Any idea why cvsnt server is not expanding user variables?  Is there
> some logging that will show what is happening?  I have tried the cvsnt
> client (command line) and cygwin's cvs client (again command line).
>
> What release does expand user variables?

User variables were a new feature added when the backends were rewrtten
around 2.5.02ish (cvshome had them on the client but not the server for
some reason, so they were pretty useless).  Primarily they're expanded
into the RCS files using custom keywords definitions, although they
should work in loginfo as well.