[cvsnt] Re: Fork protocol missing?

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Mon Mar 20 09:12:46 GMT 2006

Hello Bryce,

"Bryce Schober" <bryce.schober at gmail.com> writes:

> I just upgraded our server yesterday, and the pserver authentication
> wouldn't work until I installed the fork protocol. Does that seem
> strange to you? It did to me. A login attempt (before installing the
> fork protocol) looked like this:
>
> cvs -d :pserver;username=bks;hostname=fileserver:/dynon login
> Logging in to :pserver:bks at fileserver:2401:/dynon
> cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from fileserver: fork
> protocol library is missing entry pointI LOVE YOU

I have seen the same message after updating our 2.0.58d server to
2.5.03.2260 last week. I used the installer to remove the old software
before installing, but did not check the programs folder after
deinstallation. I assume that some of the dll's were not removed
correctly. This is maybe because of this installation has been updated
from versions since 2.0.0... maybe one of the previous installers left
the file there.

Best regards,
O. Koltermann