[cvsnt] Re: Lost server files but still got client files, reimport?

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Mon Mar 20 20:15:59 GMT 2006

sd wrote:
> Backup?? such a modern novelty ;) It was really a disgruntled
> subcontract from the land in the east that decided to drop all the
> storage areas as part of a commercial negotiation.

Regardless of why it was dropped, a backup would have saved your
repository here.  I'm sure you realize that already -- remote
contractors can't touch offline backup media.

Sometimes even dropped drives can be recovered.  If you haven't reloaded
the server already, you should have a recovery expert take a look and
see if they can restore some or all of your missing data.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett