[cvsnt] cvsagent: Always stay on top - persistent?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Mar 20 23:34:07 GMT 2006

Hi Tony and all!

Is there by chance any way to make the "Always stay on top" option of
cvsagent persistent or at least controllable at startup? Maybe some
undocumented commandline switch or registry setting? While I'm at it:
Why would anyone *not* want to have the pasword dialog appear on top???

The problem for me is that without this option the password dialog will
*never* show up on top. Most of the time this results in the impression
that the client process has simply stalled while in reality it's just
the cvsagent window waiting for input while hidden behind the WinCvs
window (and it doesn't even have its own Taskbar button). Alt-Tab will
reveal it at last but I really only discovered this by accident...

And even when I have the "always on top" option set, the dialog is
shown but never focused. I always have to use the mouse or Alt-Tab
before I could actually enter my password. I already reported this
earlier, several months ago, but the discussion just ended with Tony
saying it is a WinCvs problem and Jerzy saying it was a CVSNT
problem... :|

Any hints?

Cheers,

--