[cvsnt] Re: Looking up *_protocol.dll

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Mar 31 10:51:24 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I think that Torsten talked about CVSNT in the *client* role. If that
> is so, why is it not possible to have multiple versions of CVSNT on
> your PC and select which one to use?

If one of them is the server then it will rely on that location.

'location of the cvs.exe' is too simplistic - it only works for cvs.exe
itself.  Other applications which want to use parts of cvs need to know
where they are (for example the control panel won't work at all without
this registry entry)... indeed where the cvs.exe is to execute commands.
  It's a property of the API not of cvsnt itself.

You can override it for a single command (the OSX version uses this.. it
seems to be implemented for Win32 too although I've never used it) using -L.