[cvsnt] Re: Looking up *_protocol.dll

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Fri Mar 31 10:05:06 BST 2006

Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at telia.com> writes:

> >Torsten Martinsen wrote:
> >> This means that if you have two different CVSNT versions installed, they
> >> will both attempt to load the same protocol DLL's - this will obviously
> >> fail in one of the cases.
> >
> >I don't support having two versions loaded simultaneously.
>
> It would be much better if the first choice for protocol dll is the
> directory from which the cvs.exe was loaded!

I agree with Bo's opinion. If there aren't any technical issues I
would not understand this limitation. Applications accessing/using the
CVSNT client installation should have the possibility to choose the
CVSNT installation they like. Then the CVSNT client should stay in his
own directory. I don't see any use in the registry values for the
client side. They all seem to belong to the server.

Best regards,
O. Koltermann