[cvsnt] Multiple file commit problem

Marcel Schutte mschutte1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 9 07:46:29 BST 2006

Hello list,

This is a repost from some time ago. Could someone confirm this, or
have any other insights?

I've got a problem with a commit command that explicitly lists the
files to be committed. It will only commit the files in subdirectories
and ignore the ones in the current directory. These will be committed
when I issue the exact same command once again. There are no error
messages.

To reproduce create the following directory structure and import it:

testcvs/a.txt
testcvs/sub/b.txt

Now, change both a.txt and b.txt and issue the following commit command
from within 'testcvs':

cvs -d :pserver:Marcel at localhost:/cvs commit -m "" sub/b.txt a.txt

I know that specifying the cvsroot is not necessary, but my problem is
that the cvs commands are issued by a tool (maven 2) that generates
them with this. I get the following response:

Checking in sub/b.txt;
/cvs/testcvs/sub/b.txt,v  <--  b.txt
done

I'm using cvsnt 2.5.03.2260 on winxp pro sp2. The machine is not part
of a domain and in the server setting I've chosen run as client user.
User 'Marcel' is in the passwd file.

When I change the commit to:

cvs -d :pserver:localhost:/cvs commit -m "" sub/b.txt a.txt

it will commit both files. But again this is not under my control
because the command is generated. I would say that since I am already
in a working copy, cvs could completely ignore the -d parameter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Marcel